Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What do you think of Childfree-by-Choicers who refer to parents as ';breeders';?

Are they simply using the term accurately or are they being inexcusably rude?What do you think of Childfree-by-Choicers who refer to parents as ';breeders';?
Anyone who will refer to someone like that in a civilized conversation is rude, however as a CF individual, I admit I do use the word to describe those who will scorn me for my decision to not have children. If someone is going to tell me that my only purpose in life is to reproduce... that to me is a ';breeder';. But I NEVER would call a loving parent who is respectful of my lifestyle that name.What do you think of Childfree-by-Choicers who refer to parents as ';breeders';?
If they want to be childfree by choice that is alright...everyone should have a choice. I would call them ignorant and prejudiced.if they call people who want or who have children ''breeders'' if they are allowed to make the choice to not want children and we accept them and their decision, they should be equally open minded towards those who want a family and maybe more than one child. So I would have to call them close minded if what they do is ok but they are close minded to anyone who thinks differently from them.
I'm childfree by choice and I only use the term for parents who have a problem with people who never want children.





They think breeders if only used in the gay community; they're so dumb. Its also used in the heterosexual childfree community as well.





I have dealt with harassment from parents or breeders as I like to call them, and some on here. They really need to mind their own business.
I am child free, and I only use the term ';breeder'; for trashy parents.





I can't say that parents cut me such a break. I often get called nasty names by people that don't even know me. I have been told many cruel things like I should be put in prison for not having children.





I honestly think if you totaled up all the mean things that all child free people have ever said to parents it would not even come close to what I alone have received from people in my workplace.
Some people aren't satisfied being something they have to be something and make sure everyone in the whole world knows about it because they think they are somehow superior for making their choice. I think they are rude and arrogant. We can rest assured, that at the very least, they are not passing their self absorbed genes onto other humans.
OMG-that is awful! I am married and we don't have children but I would never refer to a parent like that. They are making a choice as are people that decide to have children. If they want respect then they should give respect to people who also made a different choice. That is very rude-I wonder how their own parents would feel about that?
That's kinda weird that people are so offended by the term, when in fact, it's exactly what they are. When did 'breeder' become a rude word? When you have kids, you breed. It's very simple. When you're pregnant, you've been bred. What a dumb thing to get your knickers in a knot about. I seriously believe people LOOK for things to complain about and be offended by. I don't get offended when people call my hubby and I DINKS. That's exactly what we are, dual income, no kids. And if I had kids, I'd call myself a breeder.
I'm a ';Childfree-by-Choicer,'; and I think it's inexcusably rude to refer to someone who chooses to have children as a ';breeder.'; Just like it is ALSO inexcusably rude for people to treat me like I'm completely weird because I've chosen not to reproduce.
Inexcusably rude. It's their prerogative if they don't wish to have children. However, it's disgusting and unnecessary to criticize those who want to be parents. Reproduction is normal and a must the for the existence of the human species.
I chose years ago never to be a parent, because I felt I wouldn't be a good parent at that time. Ofcourse in-laws constantly questioned when I was going to have kids. I always responded that it was none of their business.





And making comments like that is just plain rude. MYOB; I like that!!!
Any time a person takes another's inventory it is an attempt to deflect attention from that person's own character defects.


We tend to call out in others whet we do not like in ourselves.
I am child free by choice, however I would never use that term for normal good parents...only bad ones...you know, the kind who let their 7 kids by 4 different daddies run around Wal-Mart or the dollar store...
Gay people call us that, even if we have no kids.


My guess is that they have been called so many awful names. that they're fighting back.





Well, maybe not fighting.
How Orwellian. I think calling any group a nickname they didn't ask for is technically rude.. but so is expecting others to do what you think is right.
I think people should have a sense of humor. Most don't say that with disdain, merely jest. Some gay people use the term to describe hetero people.
I haven't hear that before. Wow. It's amazing how people who bash others forget that they themselves are children of ';breeders.';
We don't refer to all parents as breeders, just the bad ones. If the shoe fits....
People should m their own b. Judge others and others will judge thee.
I have never heard that before. But ok.
Well I wouldn't let it bother you, I 'm a breeder and proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment