Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is childfree the way to be?

I was just wondering how many people out there are not planning on having any children, if not, what are your reasons?Is childfree the way to be?
My husband and I both love children, but have chosen not to have any for many reasons.


*the world is a scary crazy place to raise children today


*the job market is not stable, my husband has been laid of 2 times in the past 5 years from 2 different companies


*we have nieces and nephews and friends' kids who we get to love and spoil


*we both have hereditary diseases in our family and don't want to worry about passing those on to children


*we enjoy helping those in need and know if we had children we would be much more limited in how much and how often we could help others


*we enjoy our freedom, we can decide on a Friday evening to have a weekend out of town


*we both have elderly family that will need to be cared for in the next few years and we want to be able to help care for them


*my parents are divorced and i no longer have contact with my father's family...how do you explain that to a child?


*we have 3 dogs that we love like they are our children...and they don't like kids(we have to crate them whenever children visit)...I can't imagine having to get rid of my dogs because of a baby, they are too much a part of our life now and they wouldn't understand





When I was younger I couldn't imagine not having children at some point in my life, but as I've gotten older I've come to understand why people chose not to. It is a very personal decision, and one that only you can make for yourself. But don't let other people convince you that your life won't be complete if you don't have children...that is simply not true.Is childfree the way to be?
Yes it is!





I am childfree and 42. I have studied this subject a lot. I have found many reasons for being childfree:





The most popular reason is many childfree people had to raise young cousins or siblings when they were too young to do so. They pretty much used up their parenting patience by the age of 12.





The next most popular reason is because people do not like the world their children would be growing up in.





Another is the fact that the worlds鈥?resources can not sustain more humans.





Another is the fact that it costs too much.





Finally there is the group that never met a partner they could consider good parent material.





For me all of the above is true. I have never considered being a father. Today I have a good job and a lot of stamps in my passport. I own a house with a swimming pool, and a nice Rolex. I did all that on my own.
That answer is different for every person/couple. My wife and I went 15 years childless and then decided have a family. Because of our age we decided to adopt ';older'; children, and ended up adopting two siblings, a boy and a girl, aged 6 and 10. The first year was hectic adopting our lifestyle and making room and time for the changes, but now, 6 years later knowing how we have helped them to grow and having their love in our lives, are happier than we have ever been.


The oldest is now 16 and ready to drive. Scary times ahead!
Many people live happy fulfilling lives without having children. I have many friends who are child free by choice and are totally happy, it's just a personal decision.


Lots of parents put too much emphasis on having children. I am a parent, but I can understand that having children is not the best choice for everyone.
I never wanted kids growing up for several reasons ... As I got into my teens I was pushed and pushed and pushed by people ';why don't you want kids, you should have kids...'; Oh god did it ever piss me off.





Then I got married and within days of getting married ';when you having kids?'; AGHHH!!!! Right now I want to have one child but I want it to come when things are stable in our lives but no one el;se seems to understand this.. It's like we're still in medieval times where that's the only thing women are capable of.





I completely understand why people don't want kids.. Kids are a lot of responsibility, they're a big pain in the ***, a lot of money, they're messy, annoying... And they pretty much ruin your social life and time to yourself. No wonder people don't want kids...
I'm not, and since I'm almost 50 it would be a bit late to change my mind (not that I'm going to).


I don't like noise, mess, and constant demands on my attention. I like to have the freedom to come and go as I want (for the most part) and not have to spend money on kid things, college funds, etc.


I see no upside to having kids, frankly.
I am 38 and never had kids. I just didn't want any. I like being able to go where I want, when I want and I just never wanted to live my life for children. Once you have kids all your freedoms go away and everything becomes about the kids. And truthfully.....I never really liked kids. I like it when they go home after visiting, ya know like nieces and nephews. I was lucky that I met a man who also has no kids and no desire to have one at my age. Our animals are enough for us. They love you no matter what, they don't talk back and you don't have to send them to college. Perfect!
I have one daughetr (17 months) %26amp; people are constantly telling me ';oh your ready for your next one now'; %26amp; Im like NO, One %26amp; done thank you %26amp; people look at you like you have 8 heads. Okay I guess this doesnt exactly answer your question but it seems like just having one child isnt good ennough or considered the norm in our society..people make me feel like having one is the same as having none....=(
I agree with ';Lots of parents put too much emphasis on having children.';


and


';Our animals are enough for us. They love you no matter what, they don't talk back and you don't have to send them to college. Perfect!';


and


';But don't let other people convince you that your life won't be complete if you don't have children...that is simply not true.';
I'm 22, and already had my ';Child-Free Vasectomy';





I'm so happy, no resistance from the doctor, and no problem with the surgery!





unfortunately, my relationship didn't work out as planned...but I expected it to come, due to the fact that she wanted a kid...





as much as I love her, I did not want to ruin my dreams of being a child-free person!!
people dont think of their action. until is to late.. probably i third of the girls in school are pregnant or already had a kid... im married.. but i didnt get married because i was pregnant. right now i dont plan on getting pregnant, because i want to finish school the right way.
I personally do not want any children because, my mother


has been divorced quite a few times and I don't want to put my


children through that. And the economy is getting so bad you


might be doing good just to get yourself by.
Most people choose not to have children because they don't have the financial stability.
Because I don`t think it would be right of me to bring a child into the situation that the world is in today.
Those who choose no children with never know pure love. It is the best thing on this earth.
I'm not. Children would probably put a halt to all of my goals in life.
no, simply because child birth makes me nauseous..even thinking about how much pain i'd be in makes me want to throw up
I always said I didn't want kids. I liked being free well, I am now pregnant with number three!lol So things do change!
no


y don't u adopt

No comments:

Post a Comment