Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do you understand childfree ideology?

Can you explain it for me?


Because though I'm 20 and I don't have children yet, I don't get how can a person want to never have children.


No offence, everybody has a right to control his/her life. I just want to understand.Do you understand childfree ideology?
Yes, I do. I am child-free.





We can't understand why you would want to have children, in the same ways as you can't understand why we don't want them. We don't need the headache.





Do you dislike sushi? Can you understand why some people dislike eating raw fish and others like it? It is the same analogy, except for the following:





Nobody will judge you if you don't eat raw fish.


If is not hard for people to understand why you might not like raw fish.


Everyone understands that raw fish is expensive.


You don't get a tax break for eating raw fish.


You don't have to get surgery (like a vasectomy) to not eat raw fish.





Another way of looking at is is think of a common food that makes you want to barf when you see someone eat it. That is how most child-free people feel about having children. Now ask yourself why the person eats something that gross. Is it because it is healthy? Maybe, but it is more likely that they eat it out of vanity. Vanity is the reason most people have children.








I am 42, child-free and loving it.Do you understand childfree ideology?
Thank you for taking the time to ask, and not judge us! :)

Report Abuse



Well some people are not meant to have children. Just because they don't want kids, it does not make them selfish, like most would see it that way.





I'm 19 and I know I never want kids. I'm not too young, nor will I change my mind about this. Being childfree with give you more opportunies. I have so much to achieve in life, and having kids is not one of them.





Most childfree people are more concerned about their career, freedom, and travel opportunities. Some had a rough childhood and it would be more stressful if they had kids in their life.
My aunt and uncle never had children because she is over emotional. She works in a hospital and never wanted the things shes seen to ever happen to her child/ren. They do have 5 dogs which in her eyes are her children, but she still treats them as they are dogs ie no clothing or that other stupid sh!t people do to their animals.
different people want different things.
Some people are selfish and don't wish to share themselves with anyone or to spend time on anyone but themselves... so that is good because a child needs to be given enough time and attention.





Some are abusive and are afraid of abusing their children... another good reason not to have children





Some do not have the time... again another good reason.





I have found that those who have opted NOT to have children, chose the best decision... not everyone should breed... though many who shouldn't do...

No comments:

Post a Comment