Sunday, January 17, 2010

Do you think wanting to be childfree is wrong....?

I'm not a child person, I see a child and want to run the other way, I'm 27 and have never had the desire to have children I worked in a daycare threw college and after that have never wanted kids. I'm bipolar and ADD so I wouldn't be the best parent. I value my freedom,sanity, and money. I know this country is baby crazy and I find is revolting that some people think its wrong that I dont want children. Any opinions....Do you think wanting to be childfree is wrong....?
No, not at all. I personally could never picture my life without having children, but if you do not want them, then there is no reason you should have them. I respect the fact that you have determined that it is not right for you. There are plenty of people out there who should not have children and if they had the sense to realize this, then their children would not suffer from their selfishness. However, I would not do anything to make this a permanent decision because you never know how you'll feel down the road. You know yourself, and you're probably never going to have kids if you feel this way, but for the small chance that you could change your mind, keep your options open. But, my main point is that there is nothing wrong with choosing to not have children. This is a personal decision for everyone and it is no one else's business to decide what is right for you. Don't listen to what others may be telling you. Having children is a wonderful thing, but it is not for everyone.Do you think wanting to be childfree is wrong....?
Colleen,


I'm 7 months pregnant and am very excited for my son to be here with me and my hubby. I'm 36 and this is my first baby. I understand what you are saying and I don't judge people. Your thoughts and feelings are valid...and your choice is yours. It doesn't make you a bad person because you don't want to have kids. :) People should respect your choice.
I think you are very clear thinking. Not everyone has to have children and if you don't want any, you don't want any. I think the fact that you worked in a daycare bolsters your argument that you know what you're doing. Lord knows that when you have children you don't have freedom, sanity, or money.
from the way you have describe yourself I have a ot of respect for you because you know what you want


some people have kids that they want at least you alreadyknow that you don't want any


IT should not matter what other think
No, there is nothing wrong with wanting to childfree. I am childfree myself for many of the same reasons that you mentioned. I also have ADD, as well as anxiety. I also worked in a day care center which convinced me that I didn't want kids. You shouldn't feel guilty about wanting kids. It's none of anyone else's business, so just ignore them. Some people will tell you it's selfish to not want kids, but I personally think it's more selfish to have kids if you know you won't be a good parent. Other people, especially Christians, will tell you that it is a sin to be childfree. You may want to remind them that Jesus didn't have any kids. I'm a Christian myself and I use that line sometimes.
I don't think is anything wrong with not wanting to have children. As a matter of fact, we all see people who should not have had any kids. Having said that I also will tell you that life comes at you in stages, by this I mean that you might not want kids now or in the next 5 years, but life changes and maybe at what point your life you would want to have kids, so keep yourself open at the idea, that maybe now is not the time for you, but 10 years from now, who knows?





Please don't take it the wrong way, I wouldn't change my daughter for anything, I totally love her and think motherhood maybe a better person. Been her mother is the most rewarding experience in my life. There also people who have never have kids and have managed to be a positive influence on the lifes of many.





But I'm also a child of a mother who did not wanted me and never , to this day has let me forget it.





Been bipolar or having ADD should not deterred you either, to be a mother you just need the capacity to love someone. Granted it could be difficult but easy is not part of the job description.





So if this is your decision it is ok, just for own sake, revaluate the decision in years to come, if you still feel the same way, ....you have my respect .





Just don't close the door on yourself entirely,


Lots of luck to you,


Guasabara
nothing wrong with it
If you have problems you shouldn't have kids. Kids only take. Some people shouldn't have kids. It's a choice! Don't feel guilty about not wanting kids.
Why would it be wrong? You know whether you want kids or not no matter what any1 else says. If you feel you don't want kids, then don't have them. Better to not want them now than have them, and THEN not want them.


Nothing wrong with how you feel, is the perks of living in a ';free world';....We have a choice for many things, and that is definately one of them.


Live for what you believe in, and don't ever try to live for what others think you should believe in.
IF YOU DONT WANT KIDS THEN DONT HAVE THEM! GET A TUBAL OR PRACTICE ABSTINENCE THATS THE ONLY WAY TO ASSURE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE CHILDREN.
To each his own. There is nothing wrong with not wanting kids, at all!! I am a mom of three.
If wanting to be childfree is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
If you don't want children, DEFINATELY DON'T HAVE THEM!!! The rest of the world may be baby crazy, but the rest of the world isn't going to raise your baby, if you had one!


It wouldn't be fair to the child or to you if you brought a baby into this world!





USE PROTECTION, OR GET SERILIZED!!!!
Imagine what kind of Mother or Father you would make if you didnt want children!! The child would feel it I am sure. I only have one son, 41 years old and he knew his father didnt want more so we never had more even though I would have liked another one,through instead of threw if you dont mind my correcting you. you threw a ball. I adore my son and I did marry again after he walked out on us but then I got cancer and multiple sclerosis so no more babies for me
to each their own, if you have these problems how do you make money?
Nope, I think not wanting a child is fine!





If you ever look at genealogy, it used to be fairly common for a good percentage of folks to never marry, and for many who did marry, not to have children.





Today it is more expected for folks to marry and have children.





Biggest thing is to make sure your mate or perspective mate agrees.





When my wife and I were getting serious in our dating days, I asked her if she wanted to have children. She wanted to be a mom but was shocked that I would ask such a question--I explained to her that in the corporation I work at lots of women did not want to have kids.





I wanted to have kids and wanted to make sure her life goals were close to mine. If she didn't want to have kids, I would ended the relationship.





My personal values here: If you really don't want to have kids, please use very effective birth control (tubes tied or birth control pills). I hate to see babies aborted over convenience.
Absolutely not!


The choice is your my dear. You and you alone know your limitations in this matter.


There is no tried and set rule that says everyone must have a child. Please try and ignore these ignorant people. Come up with a catchy phrase to answer their question about why you aren't having a child and then change the subject.
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to have children. No since in bringing a child into the world if you don't want it. More people should put that much thought into it. When my husband and I meet new people the first thing they say is when they find out we only have one child. Was there something wrong that you couldn't have more. No all we wanted was one. Good luck to you.
Just the fact that you are posing such a question, makes me agree with you 100%. Having kids is all about sacrifice, and putting yourself second. There's nothing wrong with not having kids, especially when you know that you aren't able or willing to put in the time and effort needed to nurture a child and help him become a healthy individual.
if you don`t want to have children, that's alright, but i get upset when i see people knocking, and being rude to others that decided to have children. the choices is yours, why have children if your not willing to make the sacrifice to take care of them or your not capable of it. I`m glad your not being rude to us mothers that decided we like to have children .But i would sit down and at least think about what life will be like when you retire and what family you will have to surround you in old age, i have seen to many old people with no children their spouse has die or even left them and their hanging out at Denny on thanksgiving day, because they have no where to go.





Mother of 3 and 25 weeks pregnant
It would be wrong of you TO have kids if you don't want them. Anyone else's opinion of this doesn't matter.
no i dont. some people are and some people arent. right now you might feel that way and in 5 years you might not. its all up to the individual person. i say person because simply, even a man can feel that same way. you will run into people that might try to talk yu into having one, but you cant feel what they do, and its best you dont question your feelings for you as well for the baby you dont want or need right now. things need to be right with your feelings first and foremost

No comments:

Post a Comment