Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do you find that people who are childless/childfree tend to be animal lovers?

I'm noticing that lately.Do you find that people who are childless/childfree tend to be animal lovers?
Yes. I think it is ridiculous the way some people treat their pets. Pets are human companions but they are also beasts, they aren't like children at all. I have a cat but I know that she would kill and eat me if I were below her on the food chain.Do you find that people who are childless/childfree tend to be animal lovers?
Sure do. I have no kids, and I have four cats that I adopted that are my kids. They all have people names. I think people without children or people who's children have left home tend to treat their pets as kids and place a lot of importance on them. I have also noticed that when people who have pets have children, the pets take second place to the children, which they should. I love my cats very, very much. Many people feel the need to have something to parent, I think.





And mine are all spayed/neutered.





edit - Bluebeard's wife, that's a horrible thought - the beasts eating me. I don't think the elderly one has the strength to take a good bite out of me.
Lol! Yeah, its kinda true. I'm a dog person. I've had my dog for 5 years now and I even call him my ';furry son.'; My mom calls him her ';furry grandson.'; Recently, my man and I, instead of even THINKING about having a baby have decided to get a puppy. As I always say, who needs kids when you have puppies!
Yes, in my case, anyway. My mom makes fun of me because I have a heater on the back porch to keep my kitty warm during the winter. She always says ';He has a fur coat to keep him warm!'; But he's old!





Note: it's a radiator-style heater that is far too heavy for him to tip over, so it's perfectly safe.
I have noticed that a lot of childless/free people transfer any parental urges they have onto pets. They're less complicated than humans, after all, and it's not adding to any populations (provided that they spay or neuter the pet).
I think it is our instinct to be a parental figure to something that needs it. I feel like an animal can almost substitute for a child in the nature that one must take care of an animal and practically raise it.
Not necessarily. I have friends with children who are also huge animal lovers. One has three cats, two dogs and two children, and people joke that she is more of a mommy to the pets than to the kids.
I am an animal lover and child free - it just turned out that I didn't have children it wasn't a choice, I would have welcomed them. I think I do put in extra with my animal companions in light of not having children.
I guess for me that could be true. I dont ever want kids. Ever. But I would love having more and more pets. They are so adorable and cuddly. :3
someone...
Some do.





Others don't.





Cheers :-)
yes.
I am. My dog is my son. I love his little furry butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment