Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why do people assume that the childfree will never know true love because they've never had kids?

I see this assumption being made pretty often, and I think it is pretty ignorant.Why do people assume that the childfree will never know true love because they've never had kids?
I think they have the incorrect idea that only children that give love freely, without motives, without wanting something, etc. They seem to see it as 'pure'.





Now, as somebody who has worked in daycares/as a nanny for years, I would certainly NOT say this is true - first of all, it is often anything but 'pure'. I have seen children, countless times, inform their parents or nanny that ';I love you'; right after they got the cookie/toy/whatever that they wanted!





Second, there is absolutley no reason a childfree person can't experience great, true love!





It's baffling why people would think this way, because having children and experiencing love are two totally different things.





Why do people assume that the childfree will never know true love because they've never had kids?
Being childfree, I have heard just about every bit of criticism known to mankind. That one I have not heard.





People are very ignorant to the childfree. When I joined the military back in 1989, they thought I was gay, and questioned me about it. I went thought a very bad experience with regards to that.



People assume we NEED to have kids to be happy and that we can't be happy on our own or with a significant other. Given how much stress parents go through, I assume your life span is longer. Also you'll have more money as you aren't spending it on kids.
For some reason people, usually women, feel this need to have kids. On top of that, people don't realize how much money kids cost and they end up miserable and misery loves company. They just want everyone to suffer like they are.
I'd never heard of that, but if it's true, then yes I'd agree it's ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment