Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can i explain to everybody that i want a childfree life?

I am 44 husband 57,married 4 to 5 years,both first marriage. He thinks if he has no child,his life will be miserable until death. But I totally cannot force myself to have child mentally,physically and naturally. He is trying to argue with me every second he sees me. I am really scared of such life. I dont know how to explain to him and his relatives and friends all day long?How can i explain to everybody that i want a childfree life?
Your don't have to explain anything to anyone.





I know how you feel. I have been divorced more than once over this. You hook up with the one whom you think is your ';life partner';, and agree to not have children, then your other half starts hearing the ';clock'; ticking.





1. Let him know that if he has a child today he will have a defiant 15 year old in his house when he is 72.





2. Remind him that your chances of having a mentally retarded, or down syndrome baby are pretty high at your age.





3. You can also try jealousy. I am almost 42, child-free, worldly, and have a white-collar job. I will take a nice career minded child-free woman off his hands. (He has no idea how good he has it, and I am not suggesting that you leave him for real).How can i explain to everybody that i want a childfree life?
I don't know if there is a way to explain it more than you already are. I don't know how much you guys talked about this before marriage but if he feels like he has to have a child and you feel you absolutely cannot have a child and there is no way for either of you to compromise maybe you guys aren't meant to be. Maybe you can explain to him that as a woman in her 40's there are a lot more complications and risks to having a baby than for a younger woman. Maybe consider some sort of marriage counseling to see if you guys can work something out. Or maybe you could foster children so he can be around kids and you will know you're helping out children in need.
Tell them you don't want to have kids, and that they shouldn't force you to have kids when you don't have the maternal instinct. If you feel that you are not capable of raising a child, good for you for not caving in to peer pressure, because that would be unfair to you.


Tell your husband if he really wants to have a child he should donate to the sperm bank! he is too old to be having a kid anyway. When it went to college he would be an old geezer!


Also, I kinda agree with Courtney. Did you guys ever talk about kids before? If not, it's kinda rude of him to pressure you into it like this, especially because it's not like with most couples who are younger ( no offense). with them, kids are the status quo, unless discussed first. With you guys, your husband is kinda old, so If he felt that urgently to have children, he should have discussed it with you before marriage.
honestly, at your ages, you probably shouldn't be having children anyway


it's really dangerous for you and the baby and there's a higher chance of the child having mental problems


tell him that it will be even harder to take care of a mentally challenged child at his age then a normal one


i'm 17 and you're almost as old as my mom and you're husband is a few years older than my dad was when i was born


my dad was about 54 when i was born and about 71 now


i hate that he's so old


i'm not close with my parents at all and i think it's because my parents were always too tired to do things with me because they're old


they never wanted to take me anywhere and i always feel like i am a burden, not so much with my mom, but with my dad because i always feel like i have to tiptoe around him


ask your husband if he is ok with being like 75-80 years old when his kid graduates high school


tell him that you don't want to have to worry about taking care of a kid in your 60's because that's supposed to be a relaxing time, not a time to be worrying about whether your child is safe in their room or if they snuck out to a party


i'm totally with you on this subject
The fact that you are 44 is a pretty good excuse in itself for not having children. If you get pregnant past a certain age, you're putting yourself at a greater risk for complications that involve your health and the baby's. This page has some good info: http://www.pregnancy-info.net/pregnancy_鈥?/a>


If your husband loves you, he should understand. And he shouldn't want you to put yourself at risk!
how did you get married w/o talking about this issue first??


Its not wrong to want a child free life but it was not wise not to talk about your views regarding a family and children before getting hitched
Dump him.

No comments:

Post a Comment