Friday, January 15, 2010

Childfree couples, do you ever regret not having kids?

What are the pros and cons of having children and not having children? Answers from both sides are welcome! Thank you!Childfree couples, do you ever regret not having kids?
The single smartest thing I ever did in my life was get a vasectomy. Ive never regretted not having kids. :-)





I first tried to get a vasectomy when I was 22. I couldnt find a doctor to give me one. Fortunantly, no accidents in the next few years. I tried again at 28 and got one. Now I am 40. Never regretted it for a second.





There are so many reasons to be childless, I wouldnt know where to begin.Childfree couples, do you ever regret not having kids?
I say~ have children, just not too many. Children are wonderful, yet challenging additions to your life.
No not really. I'm having my fun now...I'll settle down when I'm ready. I'm sure my friends who have children now wish there were free of child-duties like me and my boyfriend.





-It's never the right time to have children.....it'll happen one day, most of the time un planned, but thats okay.
I had a vasectomy for my wife's birthday. She says it's the best gift she ever received.


We don't regret the choice one bit.
I'm currently in a long distance relationship and it's been going steady for 4 years. I'm 24 and almost all the friends I grew up with have had children, some more than one. I decided at about 18 that I wouldn't have children, and I've discussed it with my boyfriend in depth. It has alot to do with life in general, society deciding women need to be mothers and that at my age, I should be thinking of having a baby. Having a child is a life long decision and honestly it's too much to have this little life dependant on you for over 18 years. Everytime I see a hassled mother in a department store with a screaming toddler or hear about teenagers rebelling and yelling ';I hate you!'; to their parents, it just strikes me as something I don't want to go through. Plus, I have heard many horror stories about pregnancy and childbirth, that always puts me off too.
Having a child is making a new person, one who may contribute to humanity greatly. Even better, they are your child, and your parenting will reflect on their personality for life. This means you can have a new you, and spread not only your genes, but your philosophy and thoughts for generations to come. If you raise a strong mental and physical child, there is no doubt he or she will have an impact on many people in the world. On the downside, it is a very difficult process and many people break under the stress. Not to mention the attachment through unconditional love that is attained and the heartbreaking that can be done if the child is influenced by negativity and has bad feelings for you. It is a very difficult choice to make, and requires a great deal of strength. I commend the good parents out there, however few there are, they are the true servents of the human race.
We are not childfree by choice. I have hormonal issues and PCOS so getting pregnant may not be possible. But I would say everyone should have at least one child. That's my opinion.
Not at all. I am a member of No-Kidding (a child-free social club). I know a lot of child-free couples. I have never heard of anyone regretting not having children. The only thing we ever have trouble with his being ';social outcasts';.





I know a lot of people that regret having them. I am beginning to think most parents do.
I don't regret for a second the decision we made not to have children. My husband had a vasectomy and I had the Essure procedure, so no babies here!





A ';pros and cons'; list is ultimately a personal thing, I think. For somebody who wants kids, there are very few ';cons'; that are insurmountable, simply because those people want kids.





For us, there is no ';pro'; side to having kids. Children don't interest us and wouldn't fit into the life we've chosen for ourselves. All the family and societal pressure to have kids can't change that, either. Some people just aren't wired to have kids. And that's the bottom line.
i dont think ill regret it. i havent decided if i want kids or not im 24 but im def. gonna wait until my 30's to have kids. if i have them at all. but whats to regret really you can always adopt later on in life---if you can no longer have kids. but sometimes the freedom and peace I have compard to my sisters is a pro for not having children. there are ppl who want them really bad and people who really dont. thats fine to each his own. right. as long as you yourself are happy...i can tell you lots of cons to having kids but no pros because i have no children so i dont know. but it would be nice for the house to not be so quiet have some life in it.
My husband had a vasectomy when he was 21 - he was in a relationship with a woman w/ 5 kids and thought it would be forever...but I'm loving the fact he can't get me pregnant. I have never had kids, but sometimes I want to experience it...other times I'm glad I don't have kids because (a) can't afford them %26amp; (b) I love my freedom too much.





I don't like that people have children and then decide they want a career. That's extremely selfish. Get a job if you have kids; you had your chance for a career before you had kids. I have some resentment towards my mother for making me as her eldest child raise her other children while she went to school to pursue a career. Now my sisters are well cared for and given everything they desire where I had to give up so much and go without. You can't do that to your children.





If we ever get to the point where we have the means to take care of a child, maybe we will. Until then, I'm thankful everyday we're child-free.
I don't think I'll ever regret not having children. I still have plenty of years to reproduce but I choose to never.





I look at it as: reproducing more humans. Because they don't stay young and innocent forever, babies grow into children, chrildren into adolescents, adolescents into adults, adults into senile geriatrics, death. And even so, you can't grantee your child will live through that process. Your offspring could get killed or hurt at any time, you wont always be there to protect it.





How will you tell your child about something like death? What if you are religious-there's no grantee your child will grow up to believe in what you believe. You are creating another INDIVIDUAL who has their own conscience and thinks their own thoughts.


What if they grow up to resent you? What if they resent being born? What if they feel so helpless in this universe and ask you why you ever had them in the first place? Look at all the suffering in the world. What if they feel life isn't worth living? Kill themselves? Grow up into a murderer?





People are always trying to rationalize having children by painting it in an optimistic light. A hopeful tone. They say things like ';my kid will save the world'; or ';my kid will cure cancer'; but how can you be sure? You can't be sure of anything.





I think it is better not be than to be an then not be. Ultimately life is pointless, you will die one day and so will your little bundle of joy. Flaunting beauty will one day be a decomposing rotten heap in the ground, sad, but true.





Life isn't that great, and your child might grow up feeling like a prisoner. A prisoner of this body, this world, this universe, this life, this existence.





I would rather NOT bring this potential child into this existence to experience all of this pain and hurt and pointlessness. That's why I'll never reget not having the kid.





But this is just my opinion. Everything is subject to opinion...so I guess you can just take it how you want.





For more of the reason behind why I am childfree, I found this site:


http://anti-procreationmovement.blogspot.com/
Children are the future happiness, the joy of life for any couples, and it's an evidence of true love from two people who are truly in love. A child can bring unity of a family, and redefining love between husband and wife. Without them then the marriage seem to be meaningless and there would be no family. Although, if you don't raise your kids properly they can be charles mansion or Britney spears.

No comments:

Post a Comment