Sunday, January 17, 2010

Can you be a good christian and part of a married childfree couple?

If two married people are decent and contributing members of society but simply cannot tolerate and have a strong dislike for kids,can they still be considered good christians?Can you be a good christian and part of a married childfree couple?
Absolutely! God does not order us to have children. Be happy with your marriage and enjoy each other.





I commend you on your foresight to know that you do not wish to have children before you have them. If more people thought the way you do, the world would have fewer children that are unwanted.Can you be a good christian and part of a married childfree couple?
Disliking kids doesnt make you not a Christian...not everyone is meant to have kids...you do need to make sure that you arent living your life solely for yourselves, however, and donate some of your time/money to local charities...
depends on which kind of christian you are, if they say your body is a vessel and such.
why not... only god should judge people...not people who think there good christians..........
Absolutely! It's not for everyone! God doesn't command you to have children.





I'm turning into an advocate for this wonderful book... this doesn't really pertain to your question but maybe it something you could apply to your marriage. It's just done miracles for my marriage and I can't help but spread the word. God bless!





My husband is in the Air Force and we are stationed in Okinawa, Japan. My husband went to his work one day and applied to get me and my daughter sent back home... he was taking steps towards separation. Three days later a miracle was placed into my hands...





I usually don't recommend books because I hate it when people recommend them to me, but I honestly wish I could buy ';Love %26amp; Respect'; for every married (and engaged) person I know. So try and hear me out...





It states that a woman's driving need is to feel loved and when she feels loved she feels happy. A man's driving need is to feel respect and when he feels respected he is happy. When a woman feels unloved she acts out disrespectfully to her husband, and when a man feels disrespected he acts out unloving towards his wife and the crazy cycle begins.





If this is setting off any light bulbs for you read on...





';I wrote this book out of desperation that was turned into inspiration. As a pastor, I counseled married couples and could not solve their problems. The major problem I heard from wives was, ';He doesn't love me.'; Wives are made to love, want to love, and expect love. Many husbands fail to deliver. But as I kept studying Scripture and counseling couples, I finally saw the other half of the equation. Husbands weren't saying it much, but they were thinking, ';She doesn't respect me.'; Husbands are made to be respected, want respect, and expect respect. Many wives fail to deliver. The result is that five out of ten marriages land in divorce court (and that includes evangelical Christians).





As I wrestled with the problem, I finally saw a connection: without love from him, she reacts without respect; without respect from her, he reacts without love. Around and around it goes. I call it the Crazy Cycle - marital craziness that has thousands of couples in its grip.';





I am not even half-ways through the book and workbook, and while my husband is not studying the material with me it has already worked miracles in my no-longer-failing marriage.





If you do believe in God I highly recommend this biblically based book. It's not a ';religious freak'; book or anything but it's nice to know that it is based on things in the bible and not just some theory or pop psychology book, and it's been a #1 seller for over 2 years now... it's working for thousands of couples!
Absolutely, if you do not want children I applaud you for being smart enough not to have them. That's what's wrong with this country, people are pressured into doing something they don't want to and it always has disastrous results. And religion should not dictate procreation. You can be a very religious person without feeling the need to populate (or should I say over populate) this world.
I wasn't aware that religion required one to procreate...if so, then I'd accept being a bad xian (if I ascribed to that mythology) as I wouldn't have kids for any reason other than a personal desire to do so.





Childfree is fine if that's what you desire...I made that choice myself long ago.
Well, I've heard many Christians who have said that by not having children, you not fulfilling your obligation to God i.e. sex is for procreation, not for pleasure. I'm not a Christian, but I would have to say that if you do not want to have children, then you shouldn't. I think you would be doing yourself and your spouse a great disservice - the last thing a child needs is parents who never wanted them. It would be more Christian for you to adopt a pet (if you are so inclined) than to have a child. Religion and societal norms do not obligate you to have children, YOU obligate your own self. Thank you and may common sense be the rule of the day here.
Yes of course you can
Yes, they can. There is a lot of people out there that don't like kids. At least you are willing to admit this and found another like you. Nothing wrong with being a two member family. Don't worry about what anyone else says. As long as you are happy.....good luck
I believe they can..besides who knows what the future holds for you. I am a Christian as is my husband and we have a large family...6 children...and we face criticism even from people in our Catholic church. As long as you are true to yourself and love and respect your god then I think you can live a child free life.
which verse says you must bare children? oh, that's right, none of them. if God's purpose for you is to be in a loving relationship with your spouse and your calling is to something other than having children, then it sounds to me like God might have plans for you that would maybe be hindered by children. don't let legalistic losers ruin your relationship with God and your loved ones.
Christianity has nothing to do with propagation. Christianity is about practicing grace towards other people. What on earth possessed you to think that being Christian meant having children? Your denomination is leading you astray..
Of course! There is more to life than raising children. And why would you bring a child into this world knowing that you didn't really want one? That would be worse than not wanting to ever conceive.
you don't have to have kids to be a christian. you never know what your future holds. you might end up going into something....missions, for example, that would be incredibly difficult if you had kids.





i have to say, from a parent's point of view, that having your own kid isn't like watching someone else's kid. like spit and snot and stuff is just incredibly gross on other people's kid, but it's different when it's yours....but again, that's something you wouldn't know unless you had your own. but no, not having or wanting kids doesn't make you bad or unchristian like.
Looks like a life's choice.


If I had known what I know now I would not have had KIDS.


God Bless them.
No . You dislike Gods kids and God dislikes you . How can you have a strong dislike for innocent children when grown ups are responsible for all the crap in thew world . You sound like the devil .
Of course! I am a Christian, and I despise children. You can have a wonderful, fulfilling life being childfree. Kids are expensive. I'd rather spend my money on traveling around the country.


Aside from that, there are more than 6 billion people on this planet. People need to stop having so many kids.
I applaud people who recognize that they are not cut out to be parents. We have way too many people out there having children who clearly dislike them and can't tolerate them. Man has more than fulfilled the command to ';be fruitful and multiply';. There is no reason to fill the world with more unwanted children.
OF COURSE!!! I go to church with 2 lovely couples that for the most part like other peoples kids but have no reason or desire to have there own. They are great people. Care about others and would give you the shirts off there back. Just don't ask them to babysit!!
u r whats wrong with this country
  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment