Friday, January 15, 2010

How do I suggest becoming childfree to my boyfriend?

I'm not trying to convince him hardcore.....but I read somewhere on a childfree website that if presented in the correct way and manner, that most men warm up to the idea of being childfree in a sense that it is made appealing to them.


I need some help with some suggestions and some advice on this matter!!! I don't hate children...I just don't want any because of medical conditions and medications that I take that would endanger the unborn child...How do I suggest becoming childfree to my boyfriend?
You are pretty smart. Unfortunately this is often the ultimate ';deal-breaker'; in relationships.





I think you need to be tactful with him.





I would lead up to it by telling him the benefits of being child-free (subject of another question perhaps).





Good luck, and remember that all of us ';Child-Free'; on YA are with you!How do I suggest becoming childfree to my boyfriend?
That's a tough one. You should let him know your position on the matter first. If being a father a very important to him, it will be difficult to convince him otherwise. This is very serious, and not something you want to push someone into (or out of). You'll have to respect his wishes, even if it means ending the relationship.


I am childfree and happily married to a guy who never really wanted kids. It just worked out for us.
Its good that you don't want to risk having children because of health issues and medicine. I would be honest and let him know all this. It is only fair that he knows in case he does want children in the future. I think you could handle this without a lot of outside advice. The fear being you could lose him. If he truly cares for you that nothing will matter, but your health.
If this is a serious long term relationship jsut be honest with him. I f he loves you he will put your health above all else. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment