Monday, December 28, 2009

Does anyone think there is an increase of childfree women?

Us childfree men are tired of running into the wrong women who happens to want children. Now I don't have a problem with people who want them, but there should be a great number of women who never wants children as well.





Does anyone believe that the number childfree women is on the rise?








PS: No rude answers: My block list is completly full.


Does anyone think there is an increase of childfree women?
Yes, there are more and more every day. There will be more as the word gets out. Women are catching on that they have the right to choose not to have children. So many choose to have them because they fear what society will say about them.





The reason you have so much trouble finding them, is because they only represent about 10-15% of all the women in the USA. Most of them that I run into are married already. I think the child-free men snap them up quick.





The key is to get the word out. Also I have noted that most childfree women are really nuts about pets, the environment, and healthy eating. If you want to meet childfree women, then volunteer at a pet shelter, shop at farmers markets, etc. In other words be where child-free women are likely to be.





Sign up on www.plentyoffish.com, or www.OKCupid.com. Put a good photograph of yourself on there, and state that you are child-free, in your profile.





I said I had a vasectomy right there in my profile. I received a lot of messages from women that were child-free, and a lot from women that asked me if I was willing to change my mind. Just delete the ones that are not child-free. I picked an ';empty nester'; because I liked her.





Maybe you will find a part-time mom that does not want more children. Anyway, if you don't make an effort to meet someone, then you will not!Does anyone think there is an increase of childfree women?
I'm also childfree, and I find some the comments here pretty offensive!





Not wanting kids doesn't mean we can't love and not want to find that special someone.

Report Abuse



First off, thank you for using the term ';childfree'; and not ';childless';


It's helpful as it implies choice and doesn't give a negative vibe.





I can't really say for sure because I don't believe society has progressed enough to accept childfree people. I mean we're barely accepting gay marriage. The pressure to raise children is amazing particularly among women, men have always been able to get away with it.





As far as actual numbers of women who might have remained childfree is given a true choice, I think it's very small. Humans want to procreate and I do honestly think the urge is stronger in women, though I don't think there is anything wrong if it is absent. Plus you have the whole lifetime decision thing. Childfree is a constant decision, whereas having a child need really only be made once (excepting sterility for both situations)
I don't think the number of childfree women is rising.. but I do know many many women who are ';looking for a man to marry and have kids with.'; I can see it being annoying if you're not looking for that yet.





I think people of both sexes who want to be married with kids and are not interested in a relationship otherwise should have to wear buttons or something. :p





I've seen it happen both ways - a female friend of mine drove away a great guy, she kept nagging for a wedding and a house and 3 kids.. he was just not ready yet (not even totally oppsosed to it all, just not proposing fast enough for her...). And I lost a decent guy who wanted a woman to marry, and cook dinner and bear his kids.... I'm not ready for that yet.
Yes, as birth control techniques have gotten better, people thankfully have more options in life than marriedwithchildren or virginal nun.





Though your smug use of the term ';childfree'; is annoying, I wish you the best of luck in finding a mate. I think that you probably will have good luck with women who are past the age of possibility - 40's and up.





....And when you are 92 and in a nursing home, and someone else's child is feeding you lunch, you can marvel at the fact that someone else did the work while you enjoyed the benefits. You're welcome for my contribution to our economy and to your future self.
There are these really realistic looking sex dolls that are 100% child free. They have no plots to exchange body fluids with you in order to steal your DNA.





In all seriousness, there are child free women everywhere, but you can't expect them to be the majority when most people are biologically programmed and socially conditioned to want to pass on their genes.
Why don't you just stipulate that prior to dating? That sure would stop your headaches, eh?


Seriously, you need to be up front about it, but not condescending. I think it would save you and your potential paramour a lot of grief if you got that out in the open ASAP.
no, women will keep breeding.





I doubt the increase or decrease of reproducing women will improve your chances.





Sounds like you want sex without commitment.





No wonder you can't get a date.





You could try the reptile store...









Yes there are, I am one but there is still social pressure. When my husband tells people he doesn't want kids, their first reaction is OMG, what avout your wife? They assume that a woman not wanting kids is wierd or unnatural.
I really do think that a lot of women in their 20s don't want kids right now so you might start there.
There is an increase of childfree people in general.
You sound pretty young.





There's an excellent chance you will change your mind later.


That's a major reason physicians refuse to perform tubal ligations on young women - many change their mind later. Same thing exactly applies to men.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment