Saturday, December 26, 2009

What are the benefits of choosing a childfree life?

What are the disadvantages of choosing not to have children at all?


Who has chosen not to have children and what makes you sure about your decision?What are the benefits of choosing a childfree life?
There are no tangible disadvantages at all.





Having children is not worth the risk. Being a parent it the most critical job in the world. If you had shaking hands, or any doubt bout your competence you would never consider a job with the 鈥榖omb-squad鈥?would you? Well, if you have the slightest doubt in the world, you should never consider having children.





Think about it鈥? Is it not 1000x better to regret not having children than to regret having them? Of course it is. Why bother to take the risk having them? I know a lot of people that regret having children, but I don't know anyone who regrets not having them.





What are the advantages to not having children? That is easy:





I can go to bed, or sleep in when I want, and get 8 hours in.


I am 42, and frequently mistaken for a man in his early 30鈥檚.


I can swim in my private pool nude, anytime I like.


I can have sex with no interruptions.


I take at least three vacations a year.


I own a Rolex.


I have many stamps in my passport.


I own many breakable things that are not broken.


I have never touched a diaper in my whole life.


Nobody has ever thrown up on me.


I don鈥檛 pay anyone child support!


I don鈥檛 pay anyone child support!!


I DON鈥橳 PAY ANYONE CHILD SUPPORT!!!What are the benefits of choosing a childfree life?
What disadvantages? Your earnings go further, your hair does not go prematurely grey or fall out so quickly and your sanity stays intact. ;-)





Seriously,you can dedicate more time to good causes, to learning and you have more time for giving back to society. You can uproot and go adventuring anytime with out concern for the effects your decisions may have on children.


Not everyone is suited to parenting and some people are unable to have children. As long as your life has purpose and you have direction you can make a difference to the world without following a traditional life style.
Benefits-


You would always have your freedom and Independence to do and go where you like - when you like





Financially it would be less stress full - you could do what you like with your disposable income





You don't have the huge responsibility of bringing up a child





Disadvantages -


You're not carrying on your family name/gene pool





You won't have the experience of mother/fatherhood





You won't have children to take care of you when you get elderly





There is a stronger chance of being alone throughout your life








I hope to have children in the future - but would like to experience more before I do - and I plan to marry first.



The only major disadvantage I can think of is that people always seem to think it's their business whether or not other people (often total strangers!) have kids, how many they have, how far apart they have them, what they feed the kids, where they send the kids to school, etc. Childfree folks avoid some of those criticisms, of course, but we also get hit with a lot of crazy thinks parents avoid, such as:





- Who will care for you when you're old? (Because children always take care of their parents, right?)


- You're selfish (I have yet to see how it's more selfish to use my resources for myself than to bring another life into the world just because I want to)


- What if your genes/family name die with you (Again, I have yet to see proof that my genes/family name are so special that the world would be worse off if I didn't pass them on)


- It's unnatural (Lots of things are unnatural, that doesn't automatically make them bad or wrong)


- You'll never know real love until you know the love of a child (So...my love for my parents, my relatives, and my friends isn't real?)





But in the end I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages and they include everything from the very personal (like having the time, energy, and resources to devote to other dreams and goals) to things that benefit everyone (like not contributing to overpopulation).
It's not compulsory to have children! The advantage is that you have no liabilities, your money is your own, and you can at a drop of a hat go where you want, including travelling the world.





Just wanting children is not enough, you have to be responsible, and think of their needs before you can make decisions. Some people just do not have that yearning.





The rewards are of course, the love and trust they give you, hugs and smiles, and the things they are learning all the time, and just the simple pleasure of a walk in the woods or building a sandcastle.





You will not be wrong whichever you choose, and it is no-ones business.
Hi





Well, first of all. The person making the decision is YOU. So you have all the right in the world to decide if you want children or not. This is coming from a mum with two kids here.





Having children is a HUGE responsibility. No-one can fathome this out until they have kids of their own to realise it. I love my kids but sometimes I often think back to when I didnt have kids and think about all the freedom I had - truthfully I miss it.


I often think how will my kids be when they grow up and how worse the world will have become by then - global warming - superficial attitudes of society - crime - violence - over population - global financial meltdown etc. It scares me to think why did I bring my children into this world.





You have every right to decide not to have kids. I think one disadvantage would be the number of narrow-minded people asking you 'why are you not having kids?!'





Whatever you choose, keep your head high and make sure people give you the respect you deserve.



There are no disadvantages of not having children, for those of us who don't want them. For all the people who blather on about children being ';a gift,'; something is only a gift if you want it. If you don't want it, it's just a tiresome obligation! And what kind of person would want a child to suffer through parents who thought the child was tiresome and an obligation?





If kids don't fit in with your life plan, don't sweat it. Chase your dreams and be happy. If you're undecided about having kids, think about it. A lot. That's one of the things that makes a person a good parent, if they decide to become one. Lots of people just have kids because ';that's what you do!'; Societal pressure can be really strong, but take your time to think about the pros and cons and what you really want out of life. Don't let people bully you into having kids before you're ready, or at all, if you decide you don't want them.





I knew from my earliest memories that I didn't want children. Some people know the opposite, that they want a family, from *their* earliest memories. Most people fall somewhere in the middle, I think. But for me I knew I wanted to have a good job and see the world, do interesting things. I've gotten my wish, but I worked for it too. I could never have done half the things I've done if I had to tote around or worry about kids.
you obviously don't want them at this time of your life or you would not even be asking the question! you will know when you are possitive about this- it will just happen, too many people question things in relationships, just live your life and wait!
I have found no disadvantages...what make me sure? ...my childfree vasectomy makes me positively sure...
There are no disadvantages. The main advantage is freedom.
you will have more money, not as many responsibility's and no mid life crisis when they grow up and hate you
Freedom is the main benefit. And you get more sleep at night..
im glad ill always have people there for me and i wont be lonely
I suppose it depends on how much you want to share your life. I would find life without children very insular, but I fully understand those who choose not to have them. They are hard work. For me the rewards are tenfold and at the end of it all part of you carries on and will remember all those good times you shared. Lets be honest. Having children is all about love and sharing. If you look at elderly people who have no children you sometimes see regret and loneliness.


The big pluses are more time and more money, less worry and more 'freedom'.
not having to share xmas, birthdays playing in the park,and all the other fun stuff you dont want to do with kids! sorry but its not natural denying yourself kids its what lifes all about! i dont think anything that could be identifyed as a benefit would have any real substance.
i guess u free yourself from responsiblity





but nothing can replace the lack of a family its such an important part of life
benefits, freedom (selfishness). disadvantage, fruitless
without children you miss out on a lot of love and loads of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment