Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I meet other childfree people in London?

Hubby %26amp; I are childfree by choice and while we love our ';expecting'; friends it'd be also lovely to meet other people in London who are childfree. Does anyone here know of any groups etc? Thanks! (Again I know this is not only for dining, sigh! They need to add more regional categories!How can I meet other childfree people in London?
Wow... Firecat, it must be one hell of a laugh being one of your kids you hormonal old HAG!!!


I'm a mother, but not everyone wants kids you know (makes your T!Ts sag and tummy wrinkly)


You, FIRECAT, are one of the reasons this poor lady wants to find childless couples!


A good place for meeting people and ';touting'; yourself is http://london.fridaycities.com


Lots of people organise activities and events and post themon here, go and have a look





Actually, I've just realised that Friday cities is an invite only site. I'll invite you enter this code when asked: jb904e5mtfv7How can I meet other childfree people in London?
Hi, These websites are very nice allright. I just came across another one which is aiming to create childfree events and meetings: bigkidsnokids.com


It 's a nice well thought brand new website, you should try it and ask them about potential meetings in London or somewhere else...


Sinead

Report Abuse



;o)

Report Abuse



The question seems perfectly civil and genuine to me.The firecat answer seems to reinforce the attitude that not loving kids crying in theatres,buggies taking up all the room in shops and on transport, wanting to have a meal without some kid squealing and throwing food about the place, makes you some kind of monster


I agree it would be nice to be able to go to places where other peoples children aren't forced down your throat either in conversation or in person and you're not considered a weirdo for just thinking its that bit more interesting to talk to adults about adult topics.
i dont know of any groups for childless couples look on the net
go online.... loads of Londoners are doing it and there is noooooooooo shame in scouting before you embark! My friend Jo joined Speedating.com (check spelling it might be 2 d's) and she is now shacked up with a nice bloke..... I am sure they will say if they have kids or not!





By the way, it's also okay not to want any. The world has enough people in it!
Have you heard of the British Childfree Association, Kidding Aside?
go to the childfree bar down on main street
Is there a local chapter of No Kidding near you?
Firstly let me apologise for being a second-class citizen and social leper as I have children.


Secondly let me congratulate and thank-you on behalf of your non-existant children and ask you to remain 'childfree by choice'..


Childfree by choice?


Want to meet other 'Childfree by choice' couples?


No doubt your career is more important than children? ok, thats fine.


thats your choice of the way you want to be.


BUT, to say 'while we love our ';expecting'; friends it'd be also lovely to meet other people in London who are childfree'


Having children isn't a disease, it also doesn't make YOU better.


Your condescending attitude offends me and hopefully most other parents.


While you may be CHILDFREE BY CHOICE, you will not have the intense pleasure and privelege of becoming a parent.


To hold your son or daughter in your arms in the first few moments of their independant life. I live for my children and love them more than anything, I would lay down my life for them in an instant.


I had hoped that a majority of snobbery was gone but if theres people like you around its obviously still here.


With a little luck, you wont be able to find any 'childfree by choice' people around, and wont go out for an evening contaminating the environment with your holier than thou attitude and obvious scorn for us 'PARENTS BY CHOICE'!

No comments:

Post a Comment