Monday, May 10, 2010

Why do people automatically assume I don't want to get married/date just because I'm childfree?

I've pretty much made the decision that one of my major goals in life is to make it to my old age WITHOUT ever giving birth to or adopting a child. It really, really, REALLY doesn't seem that fulfilling or enlightening to me.





However, a lot of people, including a couple of my relatives, seem to interpret this as me not wanting to get married and preferring to die alone and with lots of cats. Which is farther from the truth- I want to get married. I just want a hubby who dislikes the prospect of having children as much as I do.





So please explain to me- WHAT THE HELL?Why do people automatically assume I don't want to get married/date just because I'm childfree?
You will change your mind when you get married.





Thanks for sounding so whiny about this topic! You don't like my opinions then don't post the questions dear. Hard but true.Why do people automatically assume I don't want to get married/date just because I'm childfree?
Wow do you sound ignorant. I guess all of those married couples out there with no kids are imaginary, huh?

Report Abuse



I know a few people who are much like you, they don't want kids. There are guys out there that don't want kids. As long as your honest and up front with the guys you date, then you will find someone like you who doesn't want kids. Some people just don't want kids, and some people who have them shouldn't. Some people think that every couple should have kids and wants them. Best of luck!!!
I think that it is just a common assumption for people to make. A lot of people get married so they can have kids - or because they already have kids together.


There is nothing wrong with not wanting to have children. The right partner will come along for you...just make sure that you have a long talk about the subject.
I've been childfree by choice for years as well but thankfully I never ran into that. I still always had people try to hook me up with someone. I finally found a wonderful man by joining the local childfree social group in my area and attending their social functions.





Good luck! There are plenty of childfree men out there. :o)
Marriage usually means kids. If you are planning on not having kids then you probably will never find a guy. Therefore everyone's opinions.
They're narrow minded and can't think out of the box!






You shouldn't be moved by others opinions, and there are plenty! of guys out there that do not want kids. Go for it!
  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment