Monday, May 10, 2010

I have a question for teens and young adults when it comes to being childfree permanantly.?

Lets say if you decided at an young age you never wanted children, and you chose to have a sterilization at a young age. If you had one, would you regret it and be happy about it?





If you chose to be childless permanantly...





Girls, which would you have, tubal ligation, hysterectomy, IDU, or birth control?





Guys, which would you have, castration or a vasectomy?I have a question for teens and young adults when it comes to being childfree permanantly.?
I'm thinking about making myself 'childfree' in the future. No, I don't think I'll regret it, because ever since I've been little, kids have never been of interest to me.I have a question for teens and young adults when it comes to being childfree permanantly.?
i wouldnt do anything permanant...but stick to birth control. because i could have changed my mind if i met the right person, or just with age.





but luckily...i wanted babies. so i dont have to think about that... but once i pop out another one or two, im going with the tubal ligation.
Usually doctors will not perform these type of surgeries on young people unless there are extenuating circumstances (an hereditary disease, for example). And castration? You're kidding, right? A hysterectomy? No doc is performing either of these for birth control!!!!
Castration is waaaaaaaaay too drastic. Vasectomy is better.
Your question in inconsistent.





You ask: If you decided you did not want children, would you regret it later?





That is utterly stupid. If someone KNOWS they are going to change theit mind they won't undergo some permanent procedure, KNOWING they will be sorry later, now will they?
UM, A respectable doctor would refuse to sterilize a person under a certain age if they have not already had at least 2 children, so that is not even an option. If they are not wanting to have children they need to use proper birth control until they are old enough to make that decision.


BTW: I met my husband when I was 30 and never really thought that I would want kids until I met him, so it was a good thing I never took that drastic measure.
Castration and hysterectomy would have serious health effects and no Dr would do it. For starters women run a significantly higher risk of osteoporosis if they do not produce any oestrogen (which they wouldn't if they had a full hyst). Aside from that both sexes would need to be on hormone replacement for the rest of their lives, which isn;t healthy.





I don't think your actual question is one that can be answered by a teen or youngster - perhaps by someone that has been through this? Although I'd be surprised if anyone has been through this as most Drs won't perform this type of drastic action on a youngster.
CASTRATION!!! I not a four legged dog.
Guys should choose a vesectomy over castration.





IUD and ';birth control'; (I'm assuming you mean pills, patch, implants, shot's, etc.) are not permanent. The only thing a young girl can definitely get is the ';birth control'; option.





Many doctors will not do any permanent action on people who are younger than 25, which for many it's a good reason but for the few that are certain where they stand and won't change their mind it's an annoyance. IUD is designed more for women who have already had children, you have to look for a physician willing to do it if you havn't had vaginal birth and it's more likely to be rejected by your body (or not even fit) if you haven't carried a child to term.





Hysterectomy and castration are just extreme methods and have huge repercussions beyond making on infertile, I highly highly doubt a person not undergoing a sex change operation would find a doctor willing to do either of those procedures if the person is just avoiding reproduction.
I dont much want kids of my own but I'm pretty sure I will change my mind one day.


I'm currently taking birth control pills but for other medical reasons but I will most likely keep taking them even after I dont have to anymore.


I might one day like to have some other, permanant solution done
Well, I don't plan on staying child free for the rest of my life, but if I did, I would choose birth control, in case I changed my mind.
castration?? hahhaha you're bugginn

No comments:

Post a Comment